Hand Sanitizer can be hard to find right now. While washing hands is the preferred method to keep your hands free of bacteria, germs, and viruses. We don't always have access to soap and water, so hand sanitizers are a great thing to have on hand in those situations.
If you follow the recipe below, you can ensure that you have a formula that is at least 60% alcohol, which is the recommended level to be an effective solution.
What you'll need for 99% Alcohol Solution:
- 2/3 cup of isopropyl or rubbing alcohol (99%)
- 1/3 cup of aloe vera gel (to help keep your hands smooth and to counteract the harshness of alcohol)
- 10 drops of essential oil, such as tea tree oil, or lavender oil. (optional)
What you'll need for 70% Alcohol Solution:
- 1 Cup of 70% isopropryl alcohol
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- A few drops of essental oil, such as tea tree oil, or lavender oil (optional)
- Pour all ingredients into a bowl, ideally one with a pouring spout like a glass measuring container.
- Mix with a spoon and then beat with a whisk to turn the sanitizer into a gel.
- Pour the ingredients into an empty bottle for easy use, and label it "hand sanitizer."
SHOP THE INGREDIENTS BELOW FOR YOUR OWN DIY HAND SANITIZER
IF ITEMS BELOW ARE SOLD OUT, CALL OUR STORE FOR SIMILAR ITEMS - 916-481-7994